Still chuggin’, albeit a little slower than before. I’m finishing up side projects during this and the next month, and then RuneTale will be top priority.
My Patreon | My Website
Since I’m working on this mostly solo, and the hype for Undertale has died quite a bit, I’m drastically reducing this game’s expected playtime. It will only cover half of the ruins. At most, it will be a sort of preview into what the game could’ve been.
If interest is shown after the games release, I may continue it.
So, the text in RuneTale has been in an odd state for a while now. Sometimes text looks blurry for no reason, but I chalked it up to Unity being weird with rendering text components. Increasing the size of the text and then scaling it down worked. Kinda. With TextMeshPro now becoming free, I decided to try it out to see if it would be right for my project. And whoo boy, am I glad I did. I replaced only the text that was having trouble and with some careful alignment the text problem went away.
*EDIT on April 2nd*: With some more careful testing, I’ve concluded that unfortunately, the default Unity text, with the same careful alignment that previous TextMeshPro text was submitted to, the Unity text looks better. Perhaps it’s the settings I have on it for some reason, or I don’t know how to use TextMeshPro correctly, but in fullscreen mode the sharpness of the default Unity text can be seen clearly. TextMeshPro’s text is still slightly blurry. Hopefully they fix this before integration into Unity in future versions.